Monday, November 28, 2016

GIU Unity stamps day 1

I am really excited to be the growing in unity girl for this week.  Remember check in every day Monday-Friday and leave a comment to be entered in a drawing to win 25 randomly chosen unity stamps. Unitystampco.com 

For today I am doing a Christmas card in blue.  I love blue for holiday cards.  I tore just a scrap piece of paper and then using distress ink and the distressing tool I created the snow drifts.  Very easy way to make a nice background.  You could do this technique to make snow, mountains and ocean really anything as a background scene.  I hope that you liked this simple card and meet me back here tomorrow.

Stamps used
Tis the season deer
Nov KOM 2016 Stars


27 comments:

Chris in CT said...

Love this!

Jean said...

Lovely! This is so sweet!

Julia said...

Awesome card! Great use of stamp sets!

Brittany M. said...

This is beautiful! Congrats on your GIU week!

Jennifer Scull said...

what a wonderful scene you have created! congrats on being a GIU gal! :)

Unknown said...

It's beautiful. I love the blue color choice.

Two Sisters Scrapbooking Creations, tags cards planners bullet journal projects, home organization said...

perfect for holiday season

teach4fun said...

A beautiful card.

Unknown said...

Never thought of blue for a holiday card but now I will! Very nice!!

Heather C. said...

Beautiful. Love the colors

Becca Yahrling said...

This is beautiful! I know the deer and bucks are so in right now and I love them, too.

Carmen O. said...

What a lovely card! I just may finally give this technique a try.

Unknown said...

I love blue & white cards for Christmas! So pretty & simple!

sharon g said...

I LOVE IT. So simple that I could make a bunch for Christmas, but still so darned cute!

HeatherB said...

Adorable! Love the snowdrifts. That's something I haven't really perfected yet.

Judy Markowitz said...

I Love how you did this! Just everything about this card is wonderful!!!!! Congrats on being a Unity Girl!!!!! Thank You for sharing your talents with all of us!

Wendy said...

I love the quiet peacefulness of this card. Thanks for sharing and congrats on GIU !!

ionabunny said...

Very pretty. Hugz

Denise Bryant said...

Love the deer and your monochromatic card! Glad the link on the Unity blog got fixed.... now I can catch up!

Sherri Thacker said...

I love this blue card and I love your snow drifts! I need to try that.

Tammy Mauer said...

I love the blue, the guys in my house like the deer haha.

ScrapYourWorld said...

love that stamp!! got to go get one
paula

Sandra said...

Wonderful card!! Love it!

Ruby said...

Love the all in blue scheme. Looking forward to seeing your projects.

Marcy H. said...

Lovely card. I love using blue at the holidays.

alo said...

Great card!love the wintery theme.

Sue D said...

Very pretty winter scene.